Hi everyone! This is a new post I’m hoping to do twice monthly in connection with a new book group I joined called Reading Rivalry – a great group that each month set a theme and divides its members into 4 teams that try to complete all that month’s challenges to win points – whilst also chipping away at their TBRs! I tested it out last month and thought the idea so fun I wanted to try it in earnest this month!
This Month’s Theme … Mythology inspired adventures!
I was put into Team Greek!
This Month’s Criteria & My Corresponding TBR Books So Far …
[5 points each]
- 1: Author Highlight (Leigh Bardugo, Agatha Christie, Marissa Meyer) – Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- 2: A Book involving Romance – The Last Romeo by Justin Myers
- 3: Book with a weapon on the cover – Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking
- 4: Book featuring mythology or a mythical creature – Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle
- 5: Book with multiple authors – What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
- 6: Book with a prophecy –
- 7: Single Word Title – Ascension by Victor Dixen
- 8: Book You Can Read in One Day –
- 9: A Book Involving a Body of Water – Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
- 10: Book that isn’t the first in a series – The Rogue Queen by Emily R. King
Non-Criteria Books Can Earn Points Based on Page Count …
- 1 point: <100 pages
- 3 points: 101-200 pages
- 5 points: 201-300 pages
- 8 points: 301-400 pages
- 10 points: 401-500 pages
- 13 points: 501-600 pages
- 15 points: 601-700 pages
- 18 points: 701-800 pages
- 20 points: 800+ pages
- 1. Complete criteria =10 point bonus
- 2. Instagram: Post photo challenge everyday or complete all 4 reviews within the designated timeframes (1 point per day & 10 point bonus)
- 3. Color the instagram calendar: 5 point bonus
- 4. Make a poem with book titles: 5 points
- 5. Color a mythological being: 5 points
- 6. Creation Corner: 10 point bonus
- 7. Binge a Series: 20 point bonus. (30 points if it’s a Rick Riordan series)
My team won last month so I’m aiming for the same result this month! Wish me luck! If you want to take part this month you’ve probably missed the sign-up deadline but feel free to play along at home and join the group ready for next month!
Until next time!