So, as you’ll remember (or not) from my post at the start of this month I took part in the Reading Rivalry July Reading Challenge and thought you might like to know how I got on!
This Month’s Criteria & My Corresponding Books
[5 points each]
- Author Highlight: Read any book written by Stephen King, JK Rowling, or Neil Gaiman
- Adventure Book – Jupiter Jet by Jason Inman & Ashley Victoria Robinson – 4.5 stars
- Book Involving War/Military
- Book Written by an Author Using a Pen Name – The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket – 3 stars
- A Book You Meant to Read in 2017 –
- True Crime/Detective Book –
- Heist Novel – The Disasters by M. K. England – 3.5 stars
- Beach Read – The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang – 5 stars
- Book With A Map – The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green – 3 stars
- Book Recommended By a Friend – Furyborn by Claire Legrand – 4.5 stars
Non-Criteria Books Can Earn Points Based on Page Count …
- 1 point: <100 pages
- 3 points: 101-200 pages
- 5 points: 201-300 pages
- 8 points: 301-400 pages
- 10 points: 401-500 pages
- 13 points: 501-600 pages
- 15 points: 601-700 pages
- 18 points: 701-800 pages
- 20 points: 800+ pages
- Complete criteria all books: 10 point bonus
- Instagram: Post photo challenge every day or complete all 4 reviews within the designated timeframes (1 point per day & 10 point bonus) – I did Reviews and completed them all!
- Colour the Instagram calendar: 5 point bonus
- Read a George RR Martin book: 5 point bonus
- “Complete” a book cover: 5 point bonus
- Creation Corner: 10 point bonus
- Binge a Series: 20 point bonus
My Total Points
My personal best! (not hard, given it’s my second month, but still!)
We are the champions!
Next month looks the be mythology themed and I’m already so excited!
Until next time!